Roundabout Spout XC Mountain Bike Race
Saturday, JULY 12, 2014 at 11:00 am
Spout Springs Ski Area, Tollgate, Oregon
"Ride the Unknown!"
See more information and register for the race.
A challenging climb up Spout Springs ski hill frees you to enjoy the pure bliss of fast singletrack rolling through the Blue Mountains of Northeast Oregon. Experience trails that many MTBers don't know about in an area with some phenomenal singletrack mountain biking.
The weather is usually perfect this time of year in the Blue Mountains and there are several recreation opportunities nearby, and plenty more trail to mountain bike. With many camping opportunities right by the race venue and hotels within an hour drive, plan to make this an extended vacation or family outing of the summer.
- 22 mi Expert, Elite, Singlespeed
- 17 mi Sport, Clydesdale
- 9 mi Novice, Junior
The 3 groups will start around 11 am with a short time gap between each.
Prizes & Awards
Obligatory swag giveaways will be presented at the awards ceremony. Cash primes of $100 each will be awarded to the KOM and QOM on the first climb. Additional cash prizes may be awarded if registration numbers allow for this. These will be announced in advance of the race.
- Smartphone? Try http://goo.gl/maps/uiBKr
- From Portland (4 hrs): I-84 East, Hwy 11 N in Pendleton, Hwy 204 east in Weston toward Elgin.
- From Tri-Cities WA (2 hrs): Hwy 12 east, at the cluster of Walla Walla find Hwy 125/11 south through Milton-Freewater, at Weston take Hwy 204 East toward Elgin.
- From Boise (3 hrs): I-84 West, Exit 261 in La Grande right on Hwy 82 toward Elgin/Wallowa Lake, in Elgin Hwy 204 west toward Weston.
- Spout Springs Ski Area is on Highway 204 near the summit, just east of Tollgate & Langdon Lake
A couple miles down the highway either way from the resort will land you a campground, Woodward and Woodland. The Woodland Campground to the east is very close to part of the race course. There are also free primitive camping places off of Balloon Tree Rd, Woodland SnoPark, and anywhere you find a pull-out as the surrounding area is Forest Service land open to public camping. The nearest hotels are less than an hour drive in La Grande, Pendleton, and Walla Walla.
- www.LaGrandeRide.com/roundabout-spout is the official website for the race and contains all of the important information like schedule, rules, course maps, and race documents.
- All updates are given at Race Central
- Updates will occur during the race at Race Central and Twitter @LaGrandeRide and twitter hashtag #RoudaboutSpout
- Results are posted at www.LaGrandeRide.com/results
John Murray & Spout Springs Ski Resort www.spoutspringsskiresort.com
La Grande Weather Service, Inc. www.lgdws.com
La Grande Rural Fire District & Chief Larry Wooldridge www.lagranderuralfire.com
Union County Search and Rescue & Julian Pridemore-Brown www.ucsar.org
Life Flight Network www.lifeflight.org
Walla Walla Ranger District, Umatilla National Forest
Eastern Oregon University
Trailwork: Sather family, Tesmond Hurd, Bill Gerst, Dominic Clay