We provide information and technology services for outdoor recreation.
- Provide quality, timely, recreation-centric information
- Promote active, healthy, and safe lifestyle
- Showcase fitness and recreation opportunities
- Provide accurate and timely weather forecasts and data
- Lean business practices to ensure survival
- Develop websites and manage data
- Mar 7, 2015: La Grande Weather Service renames to LG Weather.
- Jan 2016: Roll-out of proprietary Enteractive Map developments featured on snow guides on website.
- Summer 2015: Major upgrade to website software, new design, improved features and media-enriched content
- Jan 30, 2015: Storefront closed on Madison Ave.
- Aug 5, 2014: La Grande Weather Service, Inc. merges with La Grande Ride, Inc.
- Jul 12, 2014: Returned mountain bike racing to the Blue Mountains by administering the Roundabout Spout XC Mountain Bike Race at Spout Springs Ski Resort, Tollgate, Oregon as part of the OBRA race calendar.
- Dec 2013: Moved to 1501 Madison Ave. in La Grande.
- Jul 21, 2012: Administered XTERRA La Grande Offroad Triathlon at Morgan Lake.
- Nov 2011: Partnership established with La Grande Weather Service, Inc.
- Jun 16, 2011: Headquarters opens at Albany Plaza in La Grande, Oregon, thanks to the work of Zachary Heath, Brian Sather, and Rachel Sather.
- Apr 29, 2011: La Grande Ride, Inc. established.
- Mar 2011: Significant upgrades and attention to promoting and maintaining new features for interactivity and providing recreational sports beyond cycling.
- Sep 2009: Site moves to a new platform (Drupal) with added ride features and paid subscriptions, supporting Oregon Trail Racing.
- Sep 2006: Site redesign. Features added for blog links and articles.
- Oct 2007: Oregon Trail Racing started and site supports team with race news and pictures.
- Aug 22 2005: Site launched by Brian Sather as LaGrandeRide.com
See the archive links on the right menu to see the site from previous year.
- Website: LaGrandeRide.com is a development collaborative between Sather and Hurd. The site was originally developed and maintained by Sather.
- EnterActive Maps: Maps are a proprietary SaaS application driven by a powerful database system and taxonomies.
- Weather: The Weather Division of La Grande Ride includes a team of weather experts (not robots) that generate forecasts and observations.
All press releases are available here