Two-way release. Instant release allows for multiple shifts. Removable optical gear display....
MERA Hot Lap
Altitude (max): 3449 ft. / 1051.34 m
Altitude (min): 3279 ft. / 999.43 m
Elevation Gain: 391 ft. / 119.2 m
Elevation Loss: -393 ft. / -119.68 m
Challenge yourself on a fast MTB loop at MERA and post your time. Only a couple technical challenges exist on this clockwise loop on the south half of the MERA mountain bike trails. You may have to dismount once, but hopefully not if you're in the zone. The 2 creek crossings have bridges. Otherwise, the trail is hard packed and includes stretches to really open up the throttle. Hopefully a horse or cow doesn't ruin your time. Most of the turns are right hand turns that follow major trails. Look for yellow flags to indicate the turns (e.g. right side flag means right turn).
If you have a timer running you better post it...no matter your excuse!
For a more challenging course, try the nearby Fast Twitch MTB Time Trial.
- Start: on the trail to the left below the gate at the Owsley Parking
- Wind down the trail and turn left onto the Indian Rock trail.
- Travel out to near the fence separating the north and south half.
- Take a hard right and go down through the S-Curves
- Take the next right and begin working back south, crossing a wood bridge on a creek and then really opening up on a straight section.
- Watch for a hidden right hander.
- Follow the trail along the side ridge making sure to stay right. There will be one cross trail where you continue straight.
- Turn right just before reaching the Wapiti (Enduro) trail as you come to a somewhat-hard-to-see trail. This trail quickly merges with the Wapiti Trail. If you overcook this intersection, just continue straight on the skid road for a few feet and you will come to the Wapiti trail to take a right. You won't add much time or distance by doing this.
- Follow the Wapiti Trail as it climbs back up to the start/finish.
- Stop: Arrive at the road below the gate right across from the start, stopping your timer at the stump before the road.