Soft terrain tire for front or rear. Ramped knob design lower rolling resistance. Grooved center provides straight-line...
Solstice Loop (from Glass Hill Road)
Altitude (max): 5067 ft. / 1544.5 m
Altitude (min): 4137 ft. / 1260.91 m
Elevation Gain: 1695 ft. / 516.709 m
Elevation Loss: -1659 ft. / -505.654 m
This is the main section of the mountain bike leg of the Solstice Triathlon. It is a technically challenging loop that requires good fitness. About 25% is singletrack. Ride up (or park) near the gate on the left of Glass Hill Road (where the trail comes down) and then ride up the road doing the loop in a counterclockwise manner.
- Where the road turns hard to the right, take the road to the left and go around the gate
- Make sure to go up the road on the right shortly after the gate. You will find singletrack on this road
- After more climbing, you will come to the infamous Suicide Hill, where the trail dives to the left, straight down the mountain.
- After crossing the meadow, climbing over the stairs at a fence, and ripping some good singletrack, you will arrive at an intersection of roads. Make sure to go left at the next road.
- Eventually you will be back on singletrack through a rocky section and then down through a long meadow to the gate at Glass Hill Road